Galinha à Portuguesa 葡國雞
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 5 Chicken Thighs (500g), no skin
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Small chorizo
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large potato
- 1 Bay leaf (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp corn flour (if required to thicken sauce)
For the chicken marinate with:
- 1 ½ tbsp Tumeric Powder
- ½ tsp Ground White Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
For the Egg Fried Rice:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Thai fragrant rice
- 1 cup Water
- Vegetable oil
For the garnish:
- 20g Desiccated coconut
- Black pitted olives
1. Boil water and add salt. After rinsing your rice, pour in rice into the boiling water. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes. When rice is ready, scoop them up with a wooden spoon and lay them out evenly on parchment paper. This will help the rice to cold down quickly.
2. Meanwhile, marinate meat with turmeric powder, ground white pepper and salt. Stand for at least 10 minutes.
3. Next, chop onion into medium dices. Cut potatoes into batons and chop garlic finely. Cut chorizo into medium slices.
4. Heat olive oil in the frying pan. Once heated, put in onions and let it sweat for 5 minutes. Add chorizo chunks, and potatoes to the pan, and bring up the heat and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken thighs and cook until both sides are brown.
5. Add garlic, then add coconut milk. Stir the mix evenly before bring it to boil. Once it’s boiled add cooking wine and bay leaf. Lower heat and let the simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Pre-heat oven to 200 degree C.
7. Meanwhile, heat oil in a different pan. Transfer rice from parchment paper to the pan, and bring the heat up to dry up the rice further. Make a well between rice. Whisk the eggs and pour them into the well, pull the eggs across the pan so that they form large soft curds. Then mix with the rice until they are coated evenly with egg curds.
8. Dish the egg fried rice into a baking dish.
9. Depends on the consistency of the coconut chicken, add corn flour to thicken up the sauce if needed.
10. Layer the chicken and sauce on top of the egg fried rice. Garnish with desiccated coconut, black olives and place the baking dish into the oven for 10 minutes.