Teriyaki Tofu Salad with Peanut Soy Dressing
A quick and easy way to add texture to tofu is to lightly coated them with corn flour before pan-frying or baking. The flour coating also absorbs the sauce really well, packed with flavours in your veggie dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Diet: Vegan
- 300g of extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Light soya sauce
- ½ tbsp Rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 3 tbsp Mirin or dry sherry
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 5g Freshly grated ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves, also grated
Served with Salad (your preference):
Options: cucumber sliced, sweet potatoes, baby spinach, red/ brown rice, steamed veggies, sesame seeds, spring onions, bonito flakes
Peanut soy dressing
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp rice /white vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter/ roasted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp water +/- on the consistency (it should be thin like a Caesar salad dressing)
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree C.
- Coat tofu pieces in cornflour & white pepper.
- Place tofu in a baking tray layered with parchment paper for 20 minutes (until it has turned slightly brown)
Alternatively, if you don’t have an oven at home:
- Place tofu in a hot pan with oil. Pan fried each side for about 1 minute in medium heat.
5. Meanwhile, add water, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, grated ginger and garlic in a bowl.
6. Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Put on high heat to reduce the liquid until it’s thick. Add sesame oil for the final touch. Add tofu when it’s ready to serve.
7. Mix soy sauce, honey and peanut butter in a bowl, add vinegar incrementally for a steady emulsification. Add to your salad mix.
Keywords: tofu, salad, veggie, vegan, teriyaki