Chilli + Sweet & Sour Paneer
A twist to the classic chilli paneer dish – adding more fruitiness from pineapple.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 250g paneer cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Pinch of salt
- Some black pepper
For the sauce
- 6 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tin of pineapple
- 1 tsp garlic, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, diced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 green pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, sliced
Garnished with spring onions/ chives.
- Place paneer cubes in a bowl. Add corn flour, oil, salt and pepper and ensure they are coated evenly on each cubes. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Place paneer in a baking tray layered with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 180 degree C for 15 – 20 minutes until they are slightly brown.
- Add oil in a hot pan. Sweat onions for 5 minutes before adding ginger. Stir well and cook for a minute, then add garlic and chilli powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add green peppers. Keep stirring for few minutes
- Then, add ketchup. Give it a quick stir before adding pineapple chunks and liquid from the tin.
- Once it’s simmering, add soy sauce and give it a taste to determine how much sugar (or no sugar at all) you would like to add.
- Reduce the sauce further until it’s sticky and thick. Remove from heat.
- Add baked paneer and make sure they are coated evenly with the lovely sauce.