Potato Bread 土豆面包
If you like super fluffy and moist bread, you shouldn’t miss this!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 rolls 1x
- 320g strong bread flour
- 20g sugar
- 20g vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2g instant yeast
- 200g warm milk, at around 35 degree C
- 1 potato, cooked and mashed
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degree C.
- Peel and cut potato into cubes, add a tbsp of water then microwave it for 5 minutes. Once it’s cooked, used a spoon/fork to make it into mash
- Warm the milk up using a microwave or over the hob. Add the first half of the milk to the potato mash, and mix well. Add oil, then the rest of the milk. Add an egg to the mixture. Finally add the instant yeast and mix well.
- Place flour, sugar in a stand-mixer bowl. Add the liquid from the above to the dry ingredients. Then, start kneading the dough with a low (number 2 on KitchenAid) setting. Alternatively, you can start kneading with your hands until the dough is smooth.
- Let the dough proof until it has doubled its size. Remember to cover the dough with a wet kitchen towel so it stays moist.
- Then, dust your work surface and the dough with some flour. (This is quite a wet dough, so feel free to add some excess flour as you are working with it). Divide the dough into 6 portions. Use a rolling pin to knock back the dough, basically roll it out to a flat shape so the bubbles escape.
- At this point, you can either choose to shape them into individual burger buns/ hotdogs bun, or put the roll into a round tin.
- Let it proof for another 10 minutes before baking them in the oven at 170 degree C for 18-20 minutes. You can either use an eggwash (glossy) or butter (matt) to enable some nice browning on the surface.